anyone know of a 100% silicone grout that is black?

melissastarAugust 1, 2013

I have some large gaps between the absolute black granite bench in my shower and the wall....previous owner installed it (probably a DIY special). Recently when I found water dripping into my living room I discovered that as a result of a deadly combination of a leaky Delta shower faucet (also part of the DIY special) and a lousy caulking job, water was seeping in to the area under the bench. Hopefully, I've caught it in time to not have to tear the shower up.

I've pulled all the current caulk up and letting the area thoroughly dry out before I recaulk. But I'm having trouble finding a black 100% silicone caulk. What had been used there seems to have been caulk made for windows and doors and I suspect that was part of the problem...didn't adhere well to the ceramic tile and it's not 100% silicone.

Laticrete has a black kitchen and bath caulk, but it's not 100% silicone, either, and I'd really prefer that, since the gaps are quite large. Anyone know where I could find black (or even dark gray) silicone grout?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Laticrete has a 100% silicone caulk in a very dark gray/black but can't remember the name.

I ordered other color caulk online at the online sites Laticrete has listed.

I just remembered, I think its called Raven.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
stevemac00
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Should I be concerned about the lippage on my new tile job?
At first glance my porcelain tile job in my bathroom...
susanelewis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™