Can I get Texts from phone to pc

andrelaplume2March 1, 2012

I do not have an internet phone....just a regular cell phone with texting. I want to archive my text mssgs...is there a way to do that...either to a card I stick in the phone to to my pc?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

I would suggest you first contact your cell phone service provider for advice related to your specific phone.

Secondly, you can do this on your own by downloading software from the Internet to act as an interface. Below is an example. However, I'm not familiar with this product, so don't take it as an endorsement. Also, some of the software that is out there only works with certain phone models. To my knowledge, there isn't one single way to do this that will work for all phones.

Thirdly, there are a number of videos you can find on YouTube about this subject by using their search function. But, again, applicability depends on your phone.

Here is a link that might be useful: BitPim

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 6:52PM
acraftylady

I have verizon cell service and texting and no internet. I can forward a text on to my email address and it is only considered texting. I just input my email address instead of a phone number in the to field so maybe your cell provider works the same way with texting.

I can also send back from my email as text. For verizon in the to field for just plain text you can use yournumber@vtext.com and if you want to attach a photo then you use yournumber@vzwpix.com. I know that you can also do this with AT&T service both ways, just need to now the @ part for AT&T because I have sent from email to a friends phone on AT&T that has texting and she has sent back to my email as text. I would thing other major carries can do this also. Mary

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 2:36PM
ccdry

lookup the model. maybe someone makes a usb data transfer cable? nowadays they're in the box when you buy the phone.
search the cell manufacturer or verizon forums.

Bookmark   March 10, 2012 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Turning of/on touch pad on laptop
For reasons I can not determine my Gateway NE71B W8...
jerry_nj
free downloader for youtube videos to use in powerpoint?
I used to be able to download videos for use in my...
jean001a
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
XP backup reinstall
Back again, considering doing a XP backup (what's best...
jerry_nj
MacBook--Image Frozen on Screen
Anyone know what this means? (or how to rotate the...
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Fan: Illumine Non-Lit 52 in. Outdoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan CLI-C
Home Depot
Bolla Vanilla Matte Bronze Mini Pendant
$153.00 | Bellacor
Authentic Models Dutch Renaissance Domino Game - GR001F
$80.00 | Hayneedle
Simple Living 'Jolie' 4-slot Fabric Bin Bookcase
Overstock.com
Taupe Paisley Comforter Set
$79.99 | zulily
Curvy Dining Side Chair in White
$99.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for: