Painting master bathroom - farrow and ball?

skny0104August 10, 2014

I am considering using a farrow and ball color for our master bath. I am unsure about using the paint its (it has it's pros and cons). The color is prettier than I thought it would be, it was recommended by design consultant at the store (I brought in my tile samples, pictures, and described my floor tile).

My problem is that I am unsure about using f&b in the bathroom. We had previous issues with moisture such that steam would condense and leave marks on walls. It was weird because it was happening on opposite side of the room from the shower. We've added an additional fan to combat this but still worried that we might have the same issues if we don't use a "kitchen and bath" paint.

Also has anyone had any success with using Benjamin Moore paint tinted with f&b colors? I've heard that it is difficult to copy their colors because their paints use more pigments and of course different base formulas, but am curious to hear other experiences. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skny0104

Previous owners used BM Aura paint, fyi

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 11:05AM
enduring

I have no experience with F& B.

I have loved my Aura Bath and Spa by BM. Have them make a quart in your color and see if it suits.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 10:16PM
skny0104

Thanks enduring. I *LOVE* the edited palette of f&b but worried about how it might wear/moisture/humidity resistance. I made the mistake of using their estate emulsion (flat) in our bedroom bc it is their signature finish and it's just not a good idea with kids in the house. I still see some smudges/dirt etc. Their modern emulsion was just fine (even in kids room).

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 10:06AM
minimal4me

Our BM dealer color matched F&B "blackened" (a blue-gray with shimmer). I didn't want to chance F&B due to all the special primers required. I've always used BM paint. Never been disappointed.

Bookmark   October 19, 2014 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
Sponsored Products
Aqua Hand-Blown Glass Ball Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Rose Damask Peridot Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Chrome and Ivory, Aquamarine, or Blue Round Soap Dispenser
TheBathOutlet
Hand Painted 'Tile tic-tac-toe' Oil Painting 9-piece Set
Overstock.com
T290 Theatrical MR16 Trac Master Low Voltage Lamp Holder
Lightology