Avast Update Problems

juneroses Z9a Cntrl FlMarch 6, 2013

This A.M. an Avast notification advised of a new update available. I allowed the install and then the necessary restart. My computer became stuck in a perpetual reboot.

I finally caught it in a restart and switched to Safe Mode with Networking using the F8 key. Used Revo to unstall Avast and downloaded and installed MSE.

All now seems to be well.

I've since searched and find others who have had problems with this latest update but that a new one is already out. Too late!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

That does happen on occasion I think it has happened over the years to pretty much all of them. They are usually very quick to send out a new one to fix it but for those that got hit it is a real pain. You did good! MSE is also a fine program

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:44PM
casi

I am wondering if I might have the same problem. I attemped an update with restart yesterday. Later in the day my computer wouldn't open Windows correctly, almost had to do a restore point. It finally corrected itself but still said I needed to do an update. I did finally get it done but have problems ever since. Cannot open to my home page via IE. Can however access the internet with Chrome.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:46PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

casi why don't you go ahead and do a restore to before all that happened that may be the easy fix for this.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™