Brother MFC J835DW all in one printer.........

ritamay91710March 6, 2012

Hi every one,

Thinking of buying one. Just wondering if any one has an opinion on it. It's just for home. I don't print a lot, but want a decent all in one printer.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

It seems to have pretty decent reviews online. I own a Brother color laser all in one printer and love it, works beautifully and prints really nice images. I decided to go laser this time because ink was getting so expensive I am glad I did.
I have heard Brother has good customer service but I have not had any reason to try them.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nocando

I have a Brother MFC 495CW that I�ve used casually for several years. The J835DW seems to be an improved version of mine both in hardware and software. I use the wireless mode on my home network so the printer is accessed independently by each of my three PC�s. I'm very pleased with the printer.

I based my decision on the cost of ink at the time. In the price range, non-oem ink cartridges were very cheap with a kit (4 black and 2 ea of the three color cartridges)costing about $17.00. Now it�s about $45.00 per kit for the MFC J835DW as well as for mine. The cartridges are large and hold a lot of ink.

I print a test page every week to avoid clogged nozzles and having it go through the cleaning process.

Problem count total is 1 paper jam and about 4 clogged nozzle events.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™