What a cool find ... Mikasa Elegance Collection Artic Animals

jeannespinesDecember 18, 2013

Wow ... Our good friend here on the Holiday forum found this gorgeous piece for me when I oooo'ed & awe'd over her Santa Mikasa Elegance collection!

Right now I set it on the Pfalzgraff Winterfrost tray with my dishes...isn't it just beautiful...love all the animals. My Winterfrost collection has the 'polar bear' as part of the design inside the bowls.

I LOVE this Mikasa piece that PM found! I'm thinking of displaying it separately on a cake plate w/snow & a few small glass ornaments...but right now it is here.

If you missed Purplemoon's post of her collection, I'll add the link.

Still smiling, Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Purplemoon's Holiday Elegance Collection

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Another view .... so adorable! ;-)

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 1:41PM
phonegirl

It arrived and is beautiful with your dishes. I like the idea of putting it under a cake plate too if it's small enough to fit. Will b fun to c what u come up with.

Punk

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 3:18AM
jeannespines

The base is too big for my large glass dome ... but it would fit on the cake plate itself so I may change it out from my Winterfrost dessert goblets.

Karen, the snowman I talked about is NOT Mikasa ... I always think it is when I see a pic of your collections. It's Lefton (1997) ... a music box (Larry had to work on it a bit) ... I bought it @a garage sale a few yrs. back. ;-) Here it is decorated up today ...on the cedar chest in the spare room.

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 5:04PM
oldalgebra

I can see that you and Karen have become the White Christmas Snow Queens with your Mikasa Elegance pieces. And, I might add, you have a pretty good size piece there.

I, too, can see it under glass, but can't imagine that I own a dome big enough to cover it.

So beautiful!

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 6:34PM
nana2010_gw

Such a wonderful piece, Jeanne.
It looks great where it is.
It would look neat under glass too.
Nana

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 7:32AM
slinkey

Jeanne..what a beautiful piece.
I like the way you have it displayed now.
A large - wide cake dome would look nice too.
Don't know if this would work for you, but I've used plates that dipped in the center and curved up on the outer edges. This would elevate the dome some, so I could fit a taller piece under it.
Just a thought.
jane

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™