Thermador zoneless induction FYI

canuck82July 19, 2012

Hi all,

I just heard back from my appliance salesman regarding the thermador's zoneless induction. It will be available in Camada at the en of the month. It will cost a whopping $5800 CA. And the biggest downside: it will only work with a maximum of 4 pots. So it functions more like a 30" unit.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jadeite

Are you sure it's $5800 and not $4800? I was told by a Thermador distributor that it would be $5000 US when it was released. The limit of 4 pots has been known since this model was announced. We got the CIS365GB which has 5 elements and works like a dream.

Cheryl

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 3:01PM
ginny20

Heck, I can use 4 pots at once on my 30" - you're right, that's not very good for 36". I'm really disappointed. I thought zoneless sounded so promising. Maybe by the time mine dies, they will have come out with wonderful new versions.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 8:34PM
weedmeister

The deal with zoneless is that the pots do not have to be round and can be shuffled around on the surface.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 1:56PM
jadeite

Pots don't have to be round with induction. I've used oval pots, as well as a long rectangular griddle on my cooktop. Works perfectly well. I can't shuffle them from element to element and retain the setting, but that seems like a very small issue to me.

The only advantage zoneless seems to have is that you have complete control over spacing of the pots. If I wanted to place 4 pots of 13" diameter or larger on my 36" cooktop, I probably couldn't. I can't test this because I don't own 4 13" pots and probably never will.

Cheryl

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 3:22PM
olivertwistkitchen

AJ Madison is listing it for $4,999.00 right now.

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™