You've Inspired Me!
After enjoying everyone's posts, I'm inspired for next year. (Can't start too early!)
Next year's Christmas wish list or "What I have learned from this site":
1. To remember the reason for the season.
2. More plaid!
3. Scrabble tiles and other game pieces for projects.
4. Instead of a cookie swap, Christmas decoration swap with leftovers going to thrift store. That way no one goes home with *treasures* they don't need or want.
5. Idea binder.
6. You can never have too many lights/decorations/DISHES.
7. Love fake snow. (I also use epson salt with fake snow for more shimmer.)
8. Christmas decorations do not have to be red and green.
9. Make a collage from old Christmas album covers.
- Keep "watching this space" for great ideas.
Oh, had to share this with you. Son is 27. I was going through some old pictures and ran across his letter to Santa when he was about 6. He wrote, "Dear Santa, How's your wife?....." It cracked me up now just as much as it did 21 years ago! Also found Christmas card DH made for his mother when he was 6. It was a mitten he cut out of construction paper with cotton glued to it. This card is almost 60 years old. Fun to look through all of the treasures. I'm going to frame both for next year and use as part of our decor. Maybe use pictures of them with Santa along with letter/card.
Any ideas turning around in you brain for next year?