'Simplicity' Bath Decor for Christmas

jeannespinesDecember 16, 2011

I always get a chuckle out of the BOP (back of potty)pics that some of you Holiday'ers now share! So here's my 'Bath' this yr:

This is my lil' Goebel Angel made in W.Germany (passed on to me from my Gr'ma's estate) ...love that she plays the accordian!

Another view w/white metal bird house:

And an evening view:

Across the way by the tub is this tall character...I love him...he's been around for quite some yrs & I had found him on a Christmas shopping trip at Kirklands (which isn't there anymore):

Sometimes I put sunflower seeds in his hat! LOL!

This oak shelf is by the sink mirror ...I bought it many yrs ago (before I knew the term 'Mission style'...it just appealed to me:

You've probably seen this "Angel" on the forum in other posts...it came to me from a friend here:

On top: Snow babies caroler's w/brush tree:

& this special 'Nativity' from a church service a couple yrs ago...our town was recovering from a 100 yr flood (or anyway one of the worst in history & so many lost everything some that had never been flooded in their lifetime. We live in the country, so did not flood...but at church, another town had provided these for the congregation:

This notecard was attached, "Mary & Joseph, bent over their newborn son, Jesus Christ. He has been adorned with a gold crown - fit for a King! A shiney star overhead draws those from far & near. The nativity is fashioned from square nails, much like the ones that would one day be used to nail this Child of God to a cross. The journey that He would walk for us, gives us hope & strength for the journeys that we must walk." Your Friends at Hope Church Spencer, Iowa

Hope you enjoyed the 'simplicity' decor of my bath ...may you enjoy the Christmas holidays ahead! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximavswife

Love your BOTP decor Jeanne! The angel playing the accordian is adorable as are the snow bunnies! That nativity scene is so powerful in it's message.(Off topic a bit, my parents were born and raised in Storm Lake and Cherokee. I still have family in Alta).
This is the first year I have ever decorated the BOTP in the powder room. DH officially thinks I am crazy :) I'll snap some pictures this weekend to share.
Kath

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 2:27PM
slinkey

Jeanne..your bathroom is a waaay too serene setting!
I don't think I'd come out of there...I'd just grab a book and 'chill'!! lol
Love your BOP decor...the little angel is precious and love that little tree. I think I mentioned once before that I had one just like it when I was a young girl..my DM would put it in my room. Seeing yours is always nostalgic for me.
That 'Mission' shelf unit is a nice piece and is decorated with the sweetest things. Also love that special Nativity...it's so unusual looking...I love its simplicity!

Thanks for 'tour' of your Bath...what a pleasant place to visit!!
jane

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 4:10PM
jeannespines

Thanks, Maxi & Jane... 'tis the season ... so fun to decorate wherever! LOL! Nostalgia is good! (& Kathe, our younger DD lives out near Alta ...Schaller) Small world, uh? TF 'commenting! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 2:21PM
luvstocraft

Gosh, I forgot to even change out my candle and ring in the potty much less the BOP. Guess I'd better dig through another box and see what I can put in there! I love your little angel and the snowman too. We need festive everywhere, right? ;o) Luvs

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 6:10PM
nana2010_gw

Great pictures Jeanne, I didn't put anything BOP. But I have two pastel Santas and a tree own the bathroom windowsil.
Nana

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 8:51PM
More Discussions
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
NOT HAPPY with this TAKE-OVER
Hate, hate, hate this has happened to our Forum. I...
Purplemoon
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Home & Porch Isle of Hope Ebony 5' 9" Round
Home Depot
Seska Cinnabar Embroidery Pillow
$51.95 | Bellacor
Arteriors Home Santana Spring Moss Swirl Glass Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Music of the Spheres Whole Tone Soprano 30 Inch Wind Chime - MOTSWTS
$79.80 | Hayneedle
Silver Velveteen Pillow
$9.99 | zulily