Repairing an acrylic bathtub with a very small nick

rsoronenAugust 10, 2012

I'm almost finished with a bathroom remodel (pictures are coming soonish!), and have discovered that someone put a very small nick in the bottom (floor) of my installed tub. Everything is done, so I'm very against replacing the tub, and hoping it can be fixed so it's looks new again... Am I going to have to call a professional to come in and repair it, or can I do it myself? Anyone have any experience or tips they can share?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
qt314b

I know how frustrating that is, it happened to me - we had the tub covered in plywood and the tile man removed it to tile up to the edge of the tub - it was very upsetting to say the least for this to happen so close to completion. I called hydrosystems and they said they have authorized repair men that come in sand and fill the little nick. It's not something I would ever try myself!

I left it alone but then the granite guy left something loose that fell in the tub and left a huge chip rather gouge in the bottom so I need to have it done soon,

I'll let u know how it goes
Rahcel

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 10:02AM
anrol

We had a nick and a kitchen and bath store that we have been dealing with had an experienced guy come out and do the repair. I don't know what he used but it was a terrible strong smell. You can't even see where it was! I think it was about $100.00 to get it done. Well worth it though.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:17PM
williamsem

I believe they do sell a kit for home repair, I know I bought one for our fiberglass tub that was just replaced and I am pretty sure there were acrylic ones there too. It was not hard, just stinky. And it looked ok, though definitely not like new. If it's reasonable, I would pay to have a professional do it since the whole room is nice and fresh. Our tub was really just the excuse I needed to remodel, so I didn't care what it looked like for the couple of weeks it took me to line things up.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Newbie needs help with bathroom remodel
As a disclaimer, this is my first time remodeling a...
tigo35466
Vanity from CabinetDIY - FYI
Just an FYI: we started to build the vanity from a...
melle_sacto
Is Bostik TruColor grout very good?
A salesman in a tile shop recommended Bostik TruColor...
janesylvia
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Trying to Match.....
I am trying to match a set of Dornbracht Madison lav....
Patricia Kuehne
Sponsored Products
Sterling Vista Pivot II 1500D-26S 26.5W x 65.5H in. Pebbled Glass Shower Door Mu
$474.99 | Hayneedle
Aquamass | Dip D-Lighting Tub
$8,797.50 | YBath
P5913 Rings 3-lt Bath
LBC Lighting
Atlantis Tubs 3471AD Aquatic 34 x 71 x 21 - Inch Freestanding Air & Whirlpool Wa
Beyond Stores
Cadence Six-Light Chandelier -Brushed Nickel
$378.10 | Bellacor
1-1/4" Repair Trap - 20 Gauge - Chrome
Signature Hardware
Rustic Tea Branch Wall Sconce -Antique Bronze
$62.51 | Bellacor
Clarke 3-lt Bath Fixture
LBC Lighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™