Mini powder room update/refresher with pics
I don't venture over here to the bathroom forum much, but I did an update to a small powder room located off of my kitchen as part of a total kitchen remodel. It was suggested that I post my finished pictures over here too. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pictures! Close your mind and picture in your head....golden oak vanity topped with an off white laminate countertop, builders grade sink and faucet, mustard yellow walls. Can you see it? Lovely, huh?
OK, so now the after.
1. First I gel stained the existing cabinets, a process I learned about here on GW. It was a multi step process, but I am pleased with the result. Even better is that the lighting in the room isn't very good so any flaws aren't visible.
2. I purchased a small marble sample from my granite fabricator. I had originally wanted carrera, they had one sample that wasn't very pretty, too gray and "muddy" so we decided to go look at their sister company and see what they had. I didn't put a hold on it and by the time we came back it was sold. At first I was upset but then they showed us this fabulous marble that I would have never have considered. It was Emporador Dark and is beautiful.
3. The sink and faucet I purchased from FaucetDirect.
4. The paint is called Calming Space by Behr
5. Finally I painted the door black, which about gave me a heart attack while I was doing it, but I really love how it looks now.
So here are some pics, when all was said and done, I think I spent a total of maybe $800. It was kind of tied into the cost of the kitchen remodel so it is hard to be sure, but it wasn't so much.
And the door going into the bathroom (it is part of a small nook off the kitchen - other sides are the laundry room and a pantry)
I don't have a pic of the other side, but it is just a simple toilet. I decorated with some photos of the beach I had taken in large white frames. I can take a pic when I get home if anybody is interested.