How do you clean your washlet?

buildinvaAugust 25, 2013

What's the best way to clean the advanced toilet seat / washlet? We have the Inax R and are wondering the best products/method for cleaning. My experience with plastic toilet seats has been that after a while the finish will start to wear off away and they will stain. Obviously I'm hoping to prevent this, given the price of the washlet! We normally use scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleanser (spray) and/or lysol wipes for cleaning. Would love to hear from those who have owned a washlet for a while. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jackfre

I have the Toto Washlet 300. We clean it with soap and water. One of the very nice features of the Washlet is by pulling two tabs the whole toilet seat assembly simply pulls out. I have had this for about 6 years and it hasn't deteriorated at all. I do not want to use any harsh chemicals on it as I would expect to see the plastic deteriorate.

As to the use of the appliance, I love it;) I shave my head and find that a wash and dry on the other end is just fine!

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 11:16AM
homey_bird

We have a Toto as well, and the plastic seat looks awesome now as before. So it's not true that all plastic seats deteriorate. Having said that, if you have a Toto, then please check manual and care instructions carefully since it is important to follow them to keep your toilet flush well.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 3:49PM
dianne47

I use Clorox or similar wipes to clean the seat and lid. I use an old toothbrush and Greenworks spray cleaner on the wands.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™