New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...

blondelleAugust 3, 2013

Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look for about $400 in the clear 1/4" glass. They use a new sliding system without a track to clean. It looks like a $2,000+ door I saw in one of the designer showrooms.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

Sorry, I don't know much about it but it does look high end. I might consider this for our remodel so thanks for posting. If I find anything out I'll be back.

Bookmark   August 3, 2013 at 11:41AM
petepie

I have them but haven't taken them out of the box for install yet. I'll post when I do.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 1:19AM
enduring

I've been wondering too about these. I have a Kohler cast iron pan, and this is one that Kohler states is compatible with their pans.

I want a bypass door to save on room in my bathroom. The bypass will also allow me to reach right into the front and turn things on.

Bookmark   October 27, 2013 at 8:52AM
petepie

So levity doors are up. I really like the look. I didn't install them so can't say how install went. We did try to make a small adjustment to them so they would glide more smoothly and that took us 1 1/2 hrs to figure out, so I'm thinking they're not a quick install. Very light look, no heavy track on bottom, no track on sides. Ikk post pics when I figure out how

Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 11:02PM
enduring

Here is a way to post pictures. See the link below which contains lots of other good info too. But a little ways down the tread, Buehl has a link to information on posting pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: New to Kitchens...

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:06AM
petepie

Excellent, ill post tonight. The doors look great, we had to spend some time last night trying to get the rollers adjusted but now have them working smoothly. one point ive noticed already is that the doors will be tough to clean the glass along the track. Since they slide with the track next to them rather than at the top, there is a portion of the glass that is difficult to reach. It is the glass on the inside of each door next to the track.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:23PM
petepie

Excellent, ill post tonight. The doors look great, we had to spend some time last night trying to get the rollers adjusted but now have them working smoothly. one point ive noticed already is that the doors will be tough to clean the glass along the track. Since they slide with the track next to them rather than at the top, there is a portion of the glass that is difficult to reach. It is the glass on the inside of each door next to the track.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:24PM
enduring

Petepie, Maybe a flat spatula with a rag draped over it will get in there to clean.

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:48PM
Babka NorCal 9b

My guest bath has sliding doors on the tub. They hang and don't touch the bottom track. The only place tough to clean is the overlap right on the bottom. I use a bamboo skewer and a thin micro fiber cloth.

-Babka

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:11PM
petepie

Ok trying some pictures

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 5:29PM
lotteryticket

They look really nice. Thanks for posting these.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:23PM
flora2

Hi
I have been looking at these doors to finish my remodel. What is your experience with them? Thanks for posting

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 7:34PM
Steve_Mc

These are beautiful doors, but I would advise against buying them because they don't seem to slide very well. The rollers are adjustable and they keep slipping. I had these doors installed by professional installers. They have been back to my house several times trying to fix the slipping problem. The last time they were at my house,they commented that they have lots of problems with these doors and are going to stop recommending them to customers.

Bookmark   September 12, 2014 at 9:18AM
PaulH2014

We put the Kohler doors in last fall when renovating our master bath and they have been awesome. The bathroom design was very contemporary, so wanted a sleek 'floating' shower door with minimal trim. Also, since the bathroom is TINY we wanted fully BYPASS doors which the Kohler offered. Had looked at doors from local custom glass shops, but they all had one stationary fixed door. Did have to ensure there was proper support in walls as all the weight of the doors is on the two rail brackets. It is unfortunate that the displays in local big box stores were never properly adjusted, and never worked well, as I think this door is a real bargain. Never had a problem, actually have to be careful to not slide door too quickly as they roll VERY easily.

Bookmark   September 15, 2014 at 8:53AM
mmayerct

Petepie,
Thanks for posting the photos. Is that a window i see in your shower? I have the same unfortunate situation. Wondering how you've waterproofed the window. is it a vinyl window?

Bookmark   December 2, 2014 at 10:18PM
enduring

That's a reflection of the window on the glass door and not a window in the shower.

Bookmark   December 2, 2014 at 11:12PM
mtnrdredux_gw

We have doors on a rolling track like that. At first, they moved with a touch of the pinky. Then had to be adjusted several times. Now they are okay, but not as good as when new FYI.

If this is a new Kohler product, it can't be Kohler because these were purchased almost 4yrs ago. They were quite high end.

Also, FWIW, we have a window in the shower in DS's room. It is all new construction, tiled in with a bit of a slope to the sill IIRC.

Bookmark   December 2, 2014 at 11:19PM
Jennifer Susana

I have a question: Has anybody had issues with the height of the horizontal bar the panes glide on? I am 5'8" and don't want to feel like I have to lower my head to walk in the shower. I am contemplating the 74" high doors. Thank you,

Bookmark   February 10, 2015 at 8:25AM
nrottenecker

The horizontal bar is low. I'm only 5"1' so I don't have to lower my head, but someone of your height will have to. Mine are already in and I don't want to take them down, but if I had known I would have bought something else.

Bookmark   March 3, 2015 at 1:57PM
Jennifer Susana

Thank you nrottenecker. I appreciate the feedback.

Bookmark   March 3, 2015 at 2:26PM
More Discussions
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Sponsored Products
Albertine Modern Sideboard - White
Zuri Furniture
Whitehaus Collection 23.75W x 31.5H in. Surface Mount Medicine Cabinet WHOLI - W
$522.99 | Hayneedle
Wrension Bird House - White with Red Cedar Shingle Roof
Signature Hardware
Passage Spindle - Fine Threaded
Signature Hardware
Everett Espresso Slant-back Shaker Door Bookcase
Overstock.com
23 Inch Grey Oak Bathroom Vanity Set
TheBathOutlet
Baxton Studio Duncan Espresso Wood Shoe Cabinet
Overstock.com
Stein World Swank Accent Chest