Looking for feedback on the Durastyle wall-mounted toilet

umeboshiAugust 4, 2013

We are thinking about the new Durastyle wall-mounted toilet by Duravit for our guest bathroom renovation. We selected it based on its nice contemporary design, but want to ensure it will also be functional.

We visited the showroom this week and I noticed it has a considerable "shelf" inside the bowl which looks like it could pose problems for cleanliness. As a guest bathroom toilet, I'd like to avoid the need for guests to use a toilet brush.

I'm wondering if anyone has used/installed one yet and has any feedback? Interested to know if it flushes well or if there are any other concerns.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elphaba_gw

We have a toto wall mounted toilet and it is necessary to use a toilet brush VERY often. Somewhere on this forum, others commented about same problem with Duravit. I think the problem is what you have observed. Something about the "wall mount" structure that requires a narrow deep cavity instead of a wide bowl.

I'm resigned to the toilet brush. I'm so glad I purchased and had a wall-mounted toilet brush installed. Absolute necessity, at least for our Toto.

Good luck.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 2:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

The Geberit in-wall-tank unit with wall-mount bowl I used works very well, so there's nothing inherently wrong with this layout.

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™