48" Refrigerator

stacyzJuly 21, 2013

Starting a to design a new kitchen and want to plan out our appliances. We have a 20 cubic foot fridge now and need bigger. We probably want a 48" counter depth, but open to suggestions. I don't think we want to spend the money on a Subzero, but want pro-looking stainless steel. We've looked at the GE Monogram and Kitchen Aid and even the GE Profile. Not sure we want to go to the $8/9000 range for a fridge. Suggestions based on your experiences?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

You're ABSOLUTELY!!!!! gonna have a ball, keeping a 48" SS
fridge clean, been there done that! We have a built in and paneled 48" Jenn-air, (7 years now, trouble free) "piece of cake" to keep it looking nice, plus with a paneled fridge, you can put on any type handles you want, or even no handles.
(WE bought the Electrolux fridge handles to match our Elux oven, speed oven and wine rack. I do however agree about the 48" fridge "in general". That was my first kitchen decision, a 48" sxs fridge, then design the rest of the kitchen around it---Sooooo glad we did that, Luv the space, both freezer and fridge!

We also had an SS (Kitchenaid) dishwasher, it too was a pita to keep clean, it was replaced by a paneled Miele, Love it!.

Not sure why You want your kitchen to look like a car factory with all that "bare steel" in there, Plus all the work to keep it spotless,.

Dodge, "Steels Away"

Gary

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 2:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

There are no counter-depth 48" refrigerators only built-in.

Cheapest is GE Profile @ $7.5k and KitchenAid @ $7.65k. for SS. Sub-Zero is just a tad over $10k but priced regionally. You might find a deal on Profile or KA but the best deal on SZ is 15% off on floor model, most stores will only discount 10% on 48" SZ. Most people would go with KA for "entry level" 48" fridge.

You can also get a 24" All -Refrigerator Liebherr tower and 24" All-Freezer tower and install them together or separately for just under $7k.Or get two bottom freezer towers. Sometimes there are deals to be had on these, particularly on ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Sponsored Products
Tart Sampler - NA
$55.00 | Horchow
'Happiness Comes from a Grateful Heart' Magnet
$6.49 | zulily
Little Chiller Kwik Cover - 10KC0901
$13.99 | Hayneedle
Porcelain Butter Boat
$12.99 | zulily
24-oz. Brie en Croute - PEAR/CRANBERRY
$65.00 | Horchow