Kids Bathroom Reno

rachnycAugust 7, 2013

Looking for advice on a kids bathroom renovation. I have 2 young boys, and a leak has forced us to renovate their bathroom...Something we wanted to do at some point for aesthetic reasons. I'm short on time and struggling with shower/tub hardware. When we did our master bath a year ago we went with Grohe which I ordered online. We've been pleased with it so far. For the boys, I will have a simple tub/shower combo. My husband is not a fan of just a handheld shower because he thinks they tend to sag. So we are thinking one fixed and one handheld and a tub spout. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated on brands to consider. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but I want to do it right. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I know Mongoct has recommended Symmons brand. It is a brand that is used in institutions and is reliable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Symmons Tub/Shower Systems.

Bookmark   August 7, 2013 at 7:00PM
kirkhall

I think I'd consider a "handheld" that is attached at the typical fixed location. Something like this (see link)
It won't sag.

Here is a link that might be useful: one option

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 12:49AM
kaysd

We have used the Hansgrohe Raindance handheld shower head on the 36" Unica wallbar as the only shower head in 3 bathrooms now. We had no problems with sag or anything else using it in our last master bath for 8 years. It has great water pressure, and I love being able to easily adjust the height of the shower head for different users. I can slide the head down the bar for showering little kids or tilt the head back in that low position to massage my lower back if it hurts. We paired it with a tub spout in the kids' bath.

The S head works well with modern or contemporary decor and the E head with transitional or traditional. Hansgrohe offers other wallbar styles also, but the Unica has the best range of motion to tilt the head up and down or side to side.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raindance wallbar

Bookmark   August 9, 2013 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™