Another neat ornament idea!

oakleyokDecember 22, 2010

Did anyone watch the Nate show this morning? He had a tree on there that just "popped!"

He took 3 shiny ball ornaments in red,(2 regular size, 1 smaller size I think) and hung them in a cluster group of three all over the tree.

I'm sure we all have a million of these collected from years back, and if I remember, I'm going to do this next year.

Much prettier than grape clusters and sprays. He also put regular ornaments on the tree too.

Beautiful and inexpensive!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Oakley, I did that last year with the swag over my window--makes the ornaments look like clusters of berries. We used to do that at the bank where I worked too. You will have to give it a try next year. TFS. Luvs

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 11:07AM
lynnencfan

I have done the 'cluster' of balls for years to fill up gaps in the trees. Now with the bigger ornaments I have gotten out of the habit of doing it but do love the look - may have to do some again next year. Thanks for the reminder .....

Lynne

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 11:51AM
oakleyok

Hmmm, I think I'll go in there now and do it! Can you tell I'm behind the times? lol

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 12:09PM
phonegirl

I have used Christmas balls like this on my garland and it is very pretty. The newer balls are harder to keep the tops attached I've found. I do like the fact that some of the new balls don't break when dropped tho.

Hope you will show us how you use yours.

Punk

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™