Liebherr repairs in Manhattan?

ginny20July 3, 2012

Just got back from visit to DS on Upper East Side. His kitchen was nicely furnished by his landlady. I noticed he has a tall, skinny Liebherr frig. I commented on it, how I'd read about them on here as being great for urban spaces. He said yeah, except that the thing's broken and he can't find anyone who can fix it. The frig part ices up in back, and he has to defrost it periodically. It had other problems, too. His landlady offered to replace it, but I guess he figures the logistics of that would be even a bigger hassle.

Anyone else with a Liebherr have trouble getting service? Anyone in Manhattan know someone who can repair one?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AppMan

You can call Liebherr Service and obtain recommended servicers for your area. The number is 866-543-2437.

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 3:12PM
kitchenkat

An "icing up" problem may be due to improper installation. If it is a model that requires free air flow from the base grille up the back wall and out via the top grille (or open air space if there are no cabinets above), icing can occur. If the unit was installed without allowing the air to circulate freely, that could be the problem.

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 9:25PM
marthavila

Good point, Kitchenkat. I'm now remembering that when I had icing problems with my first Liebherr fridge (since replaced), the tech inspected the base grill to make sure it wasn't being clogged by dust, etc. At that time, he advised me to occasionally remove the grill cover and vacuum in that area. Not saying that's the problem here, but it's a simple thing to check out which doesn't even call for a service visit.

Good luck!

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 10:47AM
ginny20

Thanks, appman, kitchenkat and marthavila - I've forwarded your responses to DS. I knew GWers would be able to help. Hope you all had a nice 4th.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Can't adjust door spring on Miele Futura Dimension DW (G 5675
We just installed my new Miele dishwasher and the door...
jan_in_davis
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Anyone have a Jenn-Air 48' range?
Hello, I was ready to buy a 48" DCS 5-burner w/griddle...
susan3733
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™