30 Inch Wide Refrig

ev2012July 10, 2013

Our 25 year old refrig just went. We are looking for a bottom freezer unit but haven't decided on french or single door. Any recommendations and thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

First this sounds like a direct replacement. You don't need a different size refrigerator due to kitchen remodel. If the exterior and interior are in good condition and the only problem is the mechanicals I would consider fixing.

New refrigerators have much smaller compressors than an appliance engineer would otherwise choose due to energy star regulations. This makes refrigerators less reliable today than 25 years ago, just before Clinton kicked in Energy Star. If it is just a compressor I think I would replace that instead of the entire fridge. If you have definitely decided to replace then.....

You really need to decide if you want FD or SD. if you want FD then must decide if you want an ice dispenser. If on the fence probably better to skip since that is the major source of problems.

Then decide if you want standard depth or counter depth. I take it you want standard depth but best to specify.

In other words your parameters are too vague.

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Hands On With the New Wolf M Ovens: Good, Bad & Wish They Woulda'
Just (yesterday) got a new Wolf M double oven installed...
applnut2
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™