What should I do with this weird space????

ponytailsAugust 2, 2013

So I am renting this house and I have no idea what to do with this weird bathroom space. There is no hook up for a shower head and the cabinet to the right of the picture is not treated to be waterproof. its a decent size space but seems weird to me. Does anyone know what it is for or what I should do with it?

some helpful tips about me I am in my early twenties, and I am sharing the house with a man ( also in his early twenties ) who has a two year old son.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catbuilder

Why is there a curtain if there's no shower head?

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 7:28AM
palimpsest

My neighbor's house growing up had this arrangement. They just used that large area as a shelf for shampoo, soap and towels. Maybe the previous renter hooked up a hand held shower. That's what I would do.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 9:06AM
Babka NorCal 9b

Lots of candles...hahaha. OR a a big boston fern! Seriously, that space won't seem very big once the 2-year old's bath toys are piled up there. ;-)

You could put up Command Hooks to hold extra towels, or get a self standing rack to hold folded towels.

-Babka

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 7:24PM
pricklypearcactus

If you have a two year old in the house, how about a cute water tolerant basket to fill with bath time toys? If you need more storage, you could put some sort of shelving there for towels and such.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 11:32AM
ponytails

I actually decided to go with three baskets that are hung up with suction cup hooks. They are different colors and hold all of our shower products soo that they are not piled on the window seal haha. And yes I went with a nice green plant far from little fingers and a basket for toys. We also laid down a non slip shower rug so the little one wont slip if he gets up there.

I still dont like the space soo much but I am learning to utilize. I will post pictures when I get back into town! Thank you everyone for your ideas!!!!

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™