Induction range with double ovens?

KAREN WICKHAMJuly 11, 2013

Am I right that there is no such thing as an induction range with double ovens? I didn't think I would want a double oven, but after using my daughters this weekend making multiple pizzas it was great. Or would using the convection feature with two racks do the same thing? I' pretty sure I wouldn't use the warming drawers that come with the ranges.
Thanks Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

AFAIK, the Electrolux slide-in induction range is the only one that claims to have a second oven. The lower oven looks like the warming drawer on other induction ranges but, IIRC, is supposed to get up to 450F. It runs off a 120v circuit and is basically the same kind of thing as a countertop oven. CHeck out the Elux threads for opinions on how well it does or does not work.

For double pizzas in a single oven, I suggest using convection and using well-preheated baking stones or pizza baking steels, one placed in the upper quarter and one in the bottom quarter of the oven.. If you haven't heard about steel plates for baking pizzas, check out the ModernistCuisine book or web site. There also has been some discussion of the baking steels in the forums/blogs at ModernistCuisine.com and at chowhound.com.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 13:25

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 1:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KAREN WICKHAM

Thanks JWVideo, I was afraid of that. I'm not crazy about the Elux. Maybe by the time I'm ready to bite the bullet something new will come out.
Thanks again

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™