Kohler Mendota or bellwether tub

maysfAugust 29, 2013

Please help me choose a tub. I have been researching for a tub and need to buy now as our contractor will need it in 2 weeks. We have 3 kids age 8 months - 6 yrs, this will be the only tub in the house, other two baths have shower only. We like kohler villager, great for bathing kids, but want them to bath in it even when they are a little older. My kids are tall like my husband. Does anyone have Mendota and ok with little kids? Bellwether is cheaper, easier to step in and out. Is it ok to bath in it for bigger kids and adults?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

You must be talking about the Bellwether 837 which is 60x30. It is the one I have. The Mendota, I'm not sure about as I had taken it off my list for some reason or other.

The other Bellwether 875 is 60x32. But because of the slanted front it is very short bottomed and people have complained about this fact. Also complained about the need for an extra long spout as the drain hole is 12" from front end to drain, instead of the typical 9". The Bellwether 837 is more of a standard type tub. Not as tall as the 875, instead it is like the Villager.

My tub is a bit narrow, but I have been taking a bath in it daily for many months as I am remodeling my other bathroom. It has been fine. I would not want it as my soaking tub if I wanted one. The reason I put it in is because I want the utility of having a tub in the bathroom that it is located. I liked the long bottom at almost 49" I think, the very tidy styling, and the shallow water fill at 9". I needed to keep a tub in the house for grandkids and the family needs. I think it would be a great looking shower/tub combo. The plumber liked the straight inside sides, as a safety feature when stepping into the tub.

My Bellwether 837 :)

Closeup showing the straight front (no slant)

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
wall mounted sink with hidden pipes?
Hi all, Would like a small-ish wall mounted sink, but...
randyelipson
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Toilet Tanks Cimarron 1.28 GPF Toilet Tank Only with AquaPiston Flushing
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathroom Portrait Pedestal in Mexican Sand K-2223-33
Home Depot
Sterling Vista Pivot II 1506D-48S 48W x 65.5H in. Rain Glass Shower Door Multico
$621.99 | Hayneedle
KOHLER Jetted Bathtubs Bancroft 5.5 ft. BubbleMassage Acrylic Right Hand Drain
Home Depot
KOHLER Seats Cachet LED Nightlight Round Closed Front Toilet Seat in Biscuit
$66.60 | Home Depot
Sterling Finesse 6505-39DR-G06 39.5W x 65.5H in. Rain Glass Shower Door Multicol
$801.99 | Hayneedle
KOHLER Bathtubs Archer 5.5 ft. Left Drain Soaking Tub in White K-1949-VBLA-0
Home Depot
KOHLER Kitchen Vault Smart Divide Top Mount Stainless Steel 22x33x9-5/16 1-Hole
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™