help with range choice please

akl_vdbJuly 29, 2012

I was looking for either a induction or gas range. I like the slide in look. The Electrolux induction seems to stick out too far from the counter. The Kenmore Elite induction, I don't like the bowtie handles. So then I think I'm going with gas, unless there are other slide in type induction ranges I can find.

So, looking for a gas range that doesn't stick out too much from the counter, I really like the sliding racks, one that I don't have to bend down too far (currently have a wall oven now, so used to it being higher up, but am sacrificing for more counter space). We have a 2 year old, so one that the oven doesn't get hot while cooking.

Thinking about the Electrolux Icon 30" gas, but looking for any other suggestions, and other things I should be thinking about but am missing!

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan1888

GE and Frigidaire(Electro) have induction slide-ins. AJ Madison shows them. Viking has one, but be sure and research their rep.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 3:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
akl_vdb

Thank you. The GE would be an option, but I'm not crazy about the handles. Maybe they'll come up with new ones soon. The Viking is beautiful, but a bit out of the price range. Also, I'm in Canada.

So now thinking about the gas as induction doesn't seem to be an option for right now.
Thanks.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 6:07PM
More Discussions
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™