NXR color kits?

Dr.StrangegloveJuly 2, 2012

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought one of the nxr color kits for the NXR range. Has anyone ever even seen a picture of what they look like in color? Can you direct me to one?

Thanks

Evan

P.S.

still wondering if anyone has ever used a caveliere range hood? I never got responses to that question.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jsceva

I haven't ever been able to find a pic, but my understanding is that the kits replace the door and kickplate only - the sides say stainless.

This isn't super uncommon. American Range do the same thing with their colored ranges, but there is a key difference - on the American Range models, the door is the full width of the front (i.e., it is frameless). The NXR is framed, so if this is true you would end up with stainless strips still showing on both sides of the front, even if the range is installed between cabinets. This may not bother you, but you should check it before committing.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 2:55PM
gwbasic

This link has their sample colors. Also this particular retailer seems to suggest the color kits are not user installable, colors cover the door and toe kick plate, and there are custom color options available too.

But I've never seen actual pictures either.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR Color Options

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 3:41PM
Dr.Strangeglove

Thanks,
Isn't it a little strange that they don't even try to advertise the color options with pictures? I'm guessing no one has ever been brave enough to get them without pics.

~evan

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 6:10PM
Dr.Strangeglove

I emailed the Duro Corp people who make NXR ranges. They told me they are only available in Stainless at this time. So that answers that.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 1:49PM
oceangirl67

The "kit" likely is a can of Rust-Oleum.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 2:44PM
gwbasic

Thanks for checking Dr. S. That's a bummer, as I also would have liked to see a few real color samples of those ranges.

And never mind that other comment. For some unknown reason the majority of her posts are very negative.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
Replacing slide in range with range top
Would like to remove current stove/oven and install...
itsmekelli
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Fisher Paykel RF201ADX4 - Anyone have this fridge??
Hi Everyone, This fridge has a pretty good price right...
LiliReno
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™