Mailbox Suggestions

suziesuesueJune 13, 2012

I'm at a loss and in need of advice! Does anyone have a suggestion of where I could brainstorm or find examples of curbside mailboxes that are not made of brick? 90% of the neighbors have brick, so I want the design to blend, but we are planning on "liming" our house eventually, so it seems silly to built it in brick only to essentially paint it.

TYIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chispa

I recently bought a locking mailbox from the company linked below. I really liked that they are made in the USA. They make boxes that can be installed in pillars and have some photos on the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mailbox company

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 3:30PM
auroraborelis

Have you tried houzz?

Here is a link that might be useful: houzz mailbox search

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 3:50PM
athensmomof3

There is a really pretty brick house in Atlanta which is limed with clapboard wings. They have a brick mailbox - pretty tumbled brick. I saw it going up and it doesn't match the brick they limed (chose it for texture), but it is pretty. What about a different brick for the mailbox that will compliment the limed brick? Or what about a stone mailbox instead? We have a painted brick house and bluestone walkways and driveway apron. We did a fieldstone mailbox with a bluestone cap and it looks great. We had to have a stone mailbox per the ARB and I was worried about it but we culled out all the blacks and dark browns and left in the creams and grays and it looks great.

We also have to put a light on it, which I think looks pretty dumb but thems the rules ;) Because of this, we needed a flat cap. We had them do a wider base (30") and then bevel it in about 10" above the ground to 24". It looks nice, a little more interesting and not like a tall rectangle, which is what I wanted to avoid!

Frankly I like the plain old painted wood post with a mailbox myself:)

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
We have started construction!!
We have just started construction of our new home in...
Jack Mason
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
Purchasing Items during build?
For those who have gone through the building process...
njbuilding143
Modifying Master Bedroom Entry
This plan includes a nice hallway that runs across...
burbmomoftwo
Question about screen porch
First, I'm ONLY thinking about the porch right now....
mrspete
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™