Babs - your flooring ?

DelawareMamaJune 11, 2012

Hi Babs,

Thanks for your response on your door. I figured it was custom and it is gorgeous!

I saw your response in the monthly build thread about what your wood floors are - 7" carbonized hickory from UA Floors. I'm looking for flooring now and keep coming back to yours as the look I'm going for! Can you give any other details? I have been searching for a cost per square foot to even see if we could get them in the budget, but I'm not sure what I'm finding is the same as what you have. Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
babs711

I don't mind giving you more information at all! I knew I wanted a distressed look but didn't hand scraped. I also didn't want a soft wood like pine.

Our friend has a flooring store and got this flooring in after I'd been agonizing over doing site finished floors or a prefinished floor. And I was looking at UA's prefinished reclaimed pine before I'd decided against pine. He got this in a few months ago. It is engineered. We're on a raised slab and in a humid climate so engineered is probably better for us as well.

I felt really good with this company because the thickness and wear layer are good. It is reclaimed wood on the surface of the layers. I also like that there's very little sheen to this particular floor. The company is UA Floors and it's from their Olde Charleston Collection. I think you can find retailers on their website. But note that their site is not complete with the whole product line.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 6:19PM
Cocoluke123

Your house is gorgeous!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the floors, so glad you are happy with them too :)

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 8:23PM
DelawareMama

Babs - thanks so much for all of the information. I can't wait to see more pics of your house - it is definitely my favorite that I have seen on here so far, and that's saying a lot because there are a lot of beauties. Thanks again!

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 2:51PM
mx702

Any more pics of the floors?

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 7:36PM
babs711

Oh wow! Thanks! That is so so kind of you! I'm going by the house tomorrow after they clean it. I'll post more photos in the build thread tomorrow!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Question about screen porch
First, I'm ONLY thinking about the porch right now....
mrspete
House Looks Small Framed?!
our home is 3200 ft.², by no means small in my opinion....
23meghan
Add second story balcony before framing starts
My house's basement foundation will be poured sometimes...
houses14
House complete... Moving Friday... Photo tour
Hi all! I thought I would post some pics while the...
Momto3kiddos
Leaking roof due to antique bricks?
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™