bathroom countertop materials

blingymoJuly 26, 2012

I am redoing my master bathroom. I have a 6.5' counter with sink that I will be replacing. I would like to put in a larger sink, with a max of 37-38" to work with for sink installation, due to a vanity seat area. The plan is to put two faucets, which I know is tight, but it the best I can do on space. I have considered granite (I'm in love with Cosmos) with an undermount sink (found a 36" one at Wetstyle, but it probably costs a mint - haven't gotten price on that yet). I am also looking at Staron solid surface counter (in Radiance - as you can see from my name, I like sparkle!) and wondering if I can have an integrated sink in the appropriate size. I have never done any remodeling, so all these choices and decisions are new to me. And I have yet to check out prices on any of these options. What do you think is my best choice of countertop material and way to get a larger sink?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loves2cook4six

Radiance isn't cheap. You're looking at one of the most expensive choices Staron makes. I love it too but it was way too dear for us.

Any fabricator will be able to make you an integrated sink the size you want. When I looked at this as a choice, an integrated white sink and radiance was almost $2000 here in the Chicago burbs.

Bookmark   August 1, 2012 at 7:55AM
More Discussions
Vanity from CabinetDIY - FYI
Just an FYI: we started to build the vanity from a...
melle_sacto
Vote Now on Color Plan 1, 2, or 3!
I have been planning the bathroom remodel for two years...
nancyinmich
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Sponsored Products
Brushed Nickel Bath 2-Light Fluorescent
$79.00 | PLFixtures
Wyndham Collection Espresso Single Sink Vanity Set
Overstock.com
Kubix Concealed 2 Outlet Twin with Diverter Thermostatic Shower Valve
Hudson Reed
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Legend Series 41 in. x 66 in. Framed
Home Depot
Kichler Dover Traditional Bath Vanity Light
1800Lighting
Hudson Reed Small Soap Basket
Hudson Reed
Kohler DTV Prompt Digital Shower Interface
Overstock.com
Elegant Home Delaney Espresso Linen Cabinet with 1 Door and 1 Bottom Drawer Dark
$131.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™