Help! I've just been attacked by AntiMalware Go!

copanoladyFebruary 28, 2011

Please help - I'm being attacked now I have message Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. Can't get rid of this thing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

shut down your computer or use control alt delete and shut down your browser. then go update malwarebytes and run a full scan

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:10PM
zep516

AntiMalware GO is a rogue anti-spyware program from the same family as Antivirus Scan. When this infection is installed on your computer it will be configured to start automatically. Once started it will scan your computer and list numerous infections in the scan results. If you attempt to remove any of these so-called infections it will state that you first need to purchase the program in order to remove anything. As these scan results are all fake, please do not purchase this program based upon anything it states.

AntiMalware GO will also configure your computer to use a proxy server so that it hijackthis your web browser to display warnings when you browse the web.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer.

Your best option here is to visit a Malware Removal forum.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:14PM
hendricus

I got rid of mine by going to an earlier restore point.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:22PM
copanolady

raven - It won't allow ANY programs to run - I'm surprised I got on here.

Zep - Where do I find a Malware Removal forum I can trust?

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:25PM
copanolady

hendricus - good idea - it just happened tonight - but I forgot how to do that - can someone refresh my memory?

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:31PM
copanolady

I can't even run system restore!

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:53PM
zep516

Go here,

Here is a link that might be useful: Malware help

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:59PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

yes you need to go to the link zep provided, most of those do stop system restore from working. You will get help at that forum and they will be able to help you get the programs to run. Let me know if you need help there I am over there too.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 12:34AM
susieq07

You need to start your PC in safe mode, then you can run malewarebytes scan, or do what you need to do.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 9:06AM
copanolady

OMGosh susieq ~ it worked! Someone else suggested system restore but I couldn't get to it, but did in safe mode. thanks, now I'll try to run malwarebytes. Thank you

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 9:58AM
DA_Mccoy

Glad you concern appears to be remedied.

As a question, what did you recently install on your system? What new website did you visit? What did you recently click on at a site? Any suspicious or unsolicited e-mail that you opened by error?

Obviously a concern like this doesn't just appear. It has to have a point of entry. I, and perhaps other members, would like to know so as to avoid a problem.

DA

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:32AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

please still go to the help forum we recommended these infections leave stuff behind so follow all directions given to you on LzD please and do only what they tell you to do!!
I have linked this thread to your post there. Report what malwarebytes has found.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:51AM
copanolady

Raven - I will - I'll go back and report and see what else they think I should do. Thank you.

Damccoy - I wish I knew but I'm 99% sure it's not an email - I'm super careful and don't open anything I don't recognize. But I'm leary of StumbleUpon, even though I like it. It just takes one creep to 'get you' and it's just too much roaming around the net. Also, I use FB and like it but again, unless you're pretty sure of your 'friends' you can get caught in that web.

One thing I wondered about though besides the above~ I still can't open my Windows Mail and haven't given up on finding the original password, but that aside. Someone said why not just use FF so I was trying to update my bookmarks (favorites) and under a couple of folders were extensive sites - i.e. plants, orchids, politics, etc. Some were no longer there and opened instead on a different site or page. Though I didn't explore, you didn't know until you opened it that it wasn't what you thought you had saved. Hope that makes sense. That could have been an entry for a virus. If I find out anything else, I'll report back - count on it. Thanks

Also, I've installed (again, they disappeared) Spybot-Search & Destroy & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & still have CCleaner - what else should I have? I believe Windows Defender is on too. Anything else? I forgot what HijackThis is for - can someone tell me and if I need it or anything else? Really spooked now.....

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:27PM
zep516

Don't use hijackthis yourself. Hijackthis is only for the person\helper that's assisting you.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:34PM
copanolady

Thanks Zep! You got it!

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 11:00PM
More Discussions
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
Video playing automatically
I have Flash disabled yet still get videos playing,...
davestexas
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™