Email Program With Notifier?

rosethymeFebruary 19, 2012

Does anyone know of a good, safe email program that has an email notifier? One that appears on the desk top to show incoming email? I just read that Incredimail isn't good to use and would like to replace it.

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

My Hotmail 'used to' notify me of new emails, but it doesn't anymore, however Windows Live Messenger got deleted off my computer a while back when I had the Operating System reloaded. I liked it when I had it.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotmail New email alerts

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 11:04PM

Well please excuse my last post. I didn't totally check out the link I posted and it seems Windows Live Messenger no longer notifies of new Hotmails...sigh.

I just added the Webmail Notifier from Mozilla (at link below) and see that it doesn't work for me either.

I hope someone can help you (us).

Hmmm...maybe I need to check for updates? I'll be back if I find I can get it working.

Here is a link that might be useful: WebMail Notifier (for Gmail,Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL ...)

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 11:48PM
rosethyme

Thanks, Chemocurl...please let me know what you find out.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:06AM

Well I got it to work. There is a small letter box in the search toolbar and it is gray if there is no new mail. When you get new mail it turns yellow and shows whatever number of new emails there are. There is also a brief pop-up at the bottom that makes a small sound (beep) when the mail comes in.

Once the add-on is downloaded you have to go to
tools
add-ons
Webmail notifier
options

Use the dropdown box to choose what email you are using...like Hotmail
and then below that fill in your hotmail email addy next to "user name' and fill in your Hotmail password and ADD. There are some other settings you might want to play with too, once you get it up and running. I don't really understand them and what they do, or don't do.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:33AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I know there was a firefox addon you could get that alerted you of new gmail. I am so used to my android phone and tablets they all alert me to both hotmail and gmail.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 3:19AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Go to google and do a search for email notifier you will find several free ones, gmail does have one available.

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 3:46AM
mikie_gw

For a long time I have used the 'PopMan' program for an email notifier & previewer with my Hotmail & other email accounts too.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.ch-software.de/popman/

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 5:33AM
not2bright

For those who use the Opera browser, the built-in mail client/rss reader has a notifier as well (on by default but can be switched off).

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 9:04AM
sue_va

I use Thunderbird email. It has a "pop" sound and a "letter" icon on the quick launch bar when there is new mail. There may be other alert choices; I haven't bothered to check.

Also use Yahoo, no alerts that I know of.

Sue

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™