Layout help for Master Bath update
We want to update our master bathroom and I'm hoping to get some help on tweeking the layout. It's a pretty big bathroom, but totally outdated as far as finishes, and there are some layout issues.
Below is a drawing of the current layout, and I will post pics next.
What I want to keep the same:
- basic locations of shower, tub and WC.
- closet, will just clean up and paint shelves
What I want to change:
- No 1 is that we want a bigger shower with a rain shower head. Seems like if we could take some room from the vanity and from the current tub area we could have a bigger shower. Ceilings are 10' . This shower thing really is the number one driver. I'd like to start with that and tweek the rest of the bathroom to accomodate a bigger shower.
- Tub is too huge and it juts out into the room a bit. Want a smaller one, but still big enough to be usable and for resale down the road.
- Change countertops, sinks, fixtures, lighting.
- I don't like the little French doors going into the bathroom, would rather a pocket door or maybe something different like a barn door.
- I would like a darker more romantic mood in the master bath; it's too white and bright now.
- Cabinets: either stained or painted a darker color
- Floors: currently have wood; open to changing to tile
We can change the positions of the vanities and cabinets if needed to make a better layout.
Thanks so much for any help.