New use for every day item

swest2_gwDecember 16, 2011

What every day item have you incorporated in to your Christmas decor?

I was in my husband's office and noticed a red wooden CD holder with three sections. I laid it on it's side and put it on top of our refrigerator. In one section I put a Hallmark snowman mug with a snowflake, in the second a Hallmark snowman mug with a bunch of red berries, and in the third a Hallmark mug with a little tree. On top I put some greenery. One of my favorite decorations.

I already had everything from Christmases past so there was no cost and about 5 minutes of labor. I'm not a craft kind of person so this was my kind of Christmas project.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Great idea, swest! Sounds very festive! (do you take pics?...can't remember)...we can walk you thru it if you want instructions.

The latest 'everyday' item I've used is a set of those (3) wall box frames ...I bought at a consignment store & then put the (3) cutest little Elves in them on my Gr'ma's old treadle sewing machine top. The Elves were a garage sale find this summer ($3 for the box of 'em...porcelain!) I change the decor on the treadle quite frequently for Holidays!

I'll post a pic & attach the link to that post I already started a few days ago. TFS! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elves, Santas & Snowman

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 11:08AM
katy--b

Not exactly a ever day item, but one in my entertainment closet is this large lemonade jug with spigot... Put in my silver ornaments, turned the spigot to the rear and set it on top of the refrigerator

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 11:23AM
Purplemoon

Using that CD holder like that sounds so neat! And good thinking on its potential. Wish I had that kind of vision, but that's what I have y'all on the forum for. ;o)

LOL, you keep asking me hard questions. I guess my cloche could be considered an every day thing, its out all year and I put stuff in it for every holiday and every season.

Fun thread you started. (other one too. Thanks)
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 11:39PM
kathleen_li

LOL Karen, I remember your search for the cloche! Where do the years go?

Bookmark   December 18, 2011 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™