What are the best bidet brands/models?

amateurplumberJuly 26, 2014

I want to get a new electric bidet seat and want something that will be decent. I'm looking to spend around $400, but would like to hear your opinions on what's good and what's bad.

Thanks!

This post was edited by amateurplumber on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 14:06

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Have you thought about dumping the bidet and just getting a toilet with a washlet? Gives you more space for other stuff in the bathroom.

-Babka

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 12:12AM
monicakm_gw

I don't understand why anyone would want a free standing bidet when you can have a bidet seat (like a Toto Washlet) integrated on your existing toilet.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 3:02AM
freedee

Even better than that, is a product from Sanicare. It's a simple hand held sprayer that hangs on the wall right next to the toilet. I had one in my former home and I'm going to get one in my current home. What I really liked about it is that the sprayer is completely out of the toilet. Somehow, I feel it's cleaner that way. I had a wall mounted heater that they sell too. I don't think I'll get that again. If you don't get the heater, the install is a DYI project. It just uses the supply from the toilet. The only downside is that you have to use one hand to hold the sprayer, but then you get to spray it where ever you want it. For instance you can use it to wash sand off you feet when coming in from the beach. It only has one spray pattern, that's enough for me.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 1:41PM
amateurplumber

Sorry guys, I did indeed mean an electronic bidet seat. I currently have a HomeTech HI-4001 that bit the dust.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 2:07PM
monicakm_gw

Hummm, I don't think "better" is the word I'd use unless you're talking price. No way can a hand held, one spray pattern bidet be "better" than a bidet seat that has variable temp heated seat, variable spray patterns that pulsate and oscillate, variable spray force, variable water temps, a deodorizer and dryer and it's all hands-free, something someone with limited mobility would find invaluable. There are other benefits but I'll leave that to a prospective buyer's Google search :)

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 2:12PM
naughtykitty

I just got the Bio Bidet BB-1000. Has all the features I was looking for and so far meets my needs. I had never used a bidet before I wasn't sure what to expect, but so far so good!

PS- I found the best prices at Amazon and 2-day shipping if Prime member

This post was edited by naughtykitty on Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 12:03

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Sponsored Products
Braxton Platform Bed - IDF-7293F
$289.99 | Hayneedle
Authentic Models War Chest
Beyond Stores
Darya Rugs Persian, Red, 4'3" x 9'4" M5605-24207
Darya Rugs
Mohavi Dark Amber Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Lattice Table Runner by Chilewich
$55.00 | Lumens