GE Top Load Washer

spotted_catJuly 12, 2012

I need to buy a small top load washer because I have a narrow depth in my laundry room. I only have 30" depth. I am limited to GE top load washers because they have a 25" depth. I am trying to decide between the 5450 that has the hydrowave wash system and does not require the HE detergent and the 5550 which uses the infuser wash system and requires the HE detergent. 5450 allows the user to set the water level and the 5550 does not. Since the Infuser system is newer, is it better? I am concerned that the low water level in the 5550 won't get the clothes as clean. Any comments?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
writersblock

You might want to cross post in laundry:

Here is a link that might be useful: laundry forum

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 5:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tjmwine

The problem with these (infuser) is not necessary the amount of water, though the senors can malfunction, but the motor. A machine like his with a belt and pulley motor the belt will slip trying to turn large loads making it appear the the water level is an issue, some clothes don't get wet and don't come out clean. The 5450 still has senors because it has an "auto fill" option, you will need HE soap with this and will fill on it's own. Previous model senor sometimes came into play even when large was selected. Look at the GTWN2800 series it is a traditional top loader or make sure the HE top loader has a direct drive motor!

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 12:49PM
More Discussions
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™