freecorder

abreezeFebruary 7, 2011

Has anyone used freecorder? I've done a lot of Googling and am thinking of installing it. I downloaded to a flash drive and scanned it with Avira and Mbam - showed nothing suspicious. What has been your experience if you have used it? Thanks.

abreeze

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abreeze

My purpose in considering this software is to see if it will enable me to use Audacity in Vista. I have Realtek onboard audio and have been unable to use Audacity. Audacity worked beautifully in XP...

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 8:09PM
Pooh Bear

Can you run Audacity in Vista using compatability mode?

Pooh Bear

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 8:24PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

some of the user replies on this review site are a bit worrisome especially the one that says it is connected to spyware and also installs some other search engine that is hard to get rid of. I would research it well and read a lot of actual user reviews.Saw some reviewers saying that it also hijacked the home page to their homepage.
Review: Freecorder

Know that it will install it's own toolbar, I am not a big fan of things that install toolbars.
I personally have never used it or heard of it but doing your homework would be my suggestion.

also noted this
Regarding freecorder, download.com notes that :

Note: This download includes adware that may record your surfing habits, deliver advertisements, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Please pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options. For more information on adware and spyware, please visit our Spyware Center.

and this
Here's the privacy policy from Freecorder's site:

"Freecorder may display advertisements for other products or services. In addition, some limited usage data about filenames saved is collected and stored in a central server anonymously. Agreeing to the terms of the license indicates your acceptance of these operations.

I would definitely run their EULA through eulalyzer by javacool maker of spywareblaster
EULAlyzer

seems like it may have changed hands recently and changed and now is not as highly recommended due to some of the above mentioned practices.

I use gizmo's site when looking for apps that I know are safe you might check there for what you want.
Gizmos Freeware
Best Free Streaming Media Recorder

I also feel compelled to say that most media whether audio, music, video is copyrighted...

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 8:33PM
abreeze

Pooh Bear, I just tried using compatibility mode but still get the error message that no input device is found...

Raven, the toolbar is one of the reasons I posted here. I've been researching freecorder for hours and was concerned about the user reviews. However, I didn't find the depth of info you have shared. Thank you! :) I'm not going to install it.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 9:01PM
zep516

Audacity works with Vista, but there are a few things that you need to check. Here's the check list:

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Audacity & Vista.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™