Beverage Fridge OR Drawers for BAR Area

2LittleFishiesJuly 28, 2012

We're planning a 4' bar area in our dining room. We thought a 24" beverage fridge and are now wondering about doing drawers instead. What are any pros cons for each and the types of things you can put into them? I don't see a lot of photos of the interiors.

Can you still lay wine down in the drawers? We're not huge wine drinkers but would like to be able to put a few in there? Also for bottles of soda, cans, juice boxes...

We'd like to do a custom panel but I think both drawers and doors can be purchased that way..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
numbersjunkie

If it were me, I would go with drawers. At my age, stooping to reach into an under counter fridge would not be fun. Also, many beverage refrigerators are designed for wine and may not get cold enough for beer/soda.

I think the quality of each type varies a lot and good ones are not inexpensive.

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 11:59AM
2LittleFishies

I'm looking at Marvel for bev fridge or drawers. Also, KA or GE Monogram drawers.

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 12:24PM
p.ball2

I am just now looking at beverage refrigerators. We are planning on a refrig over a drawer. The drawers seems to be quite expensive. We are storing some wine and then sodas and juice in there. I am looking at the GE monogram or the U-line refrig. I was looking at Danby but I have been reading some dismal reviews of them. OUr budget for an under counter refrig is $1200. There are better ones out there like Perlick or Marvel but they are out of our price range. I have not looked at a kitchen Aid yet.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 11:57AM
scottdim

We have the electrolux beverage center and wine fridge in our kitchen side by side. Its our second kitchen using an electrolux beverage center.

It runs fairly quietly, has nice bright lighting, pull out shelves and room for wine bottles at the bottom. We love ours!

As far as price, check out searsoutlet.com, they typically have floor models available for 25-50% off the list price, just be sure to check the details on its condition, you obviously dont want one with dents on the front.

Product link:
http://www.electroluxappliances.com/kitchen-appliances/refrigeration/beveragecenter/ei24bc65gs

Sears outlet:
http://www.searsoutlet.com/24-Undercounter-Beverage-Center/d/product_details.jsp?stxt=electrolux%20beverage&md=srh1_md&pn=1&ps=24&pid=8930&mode=buyUsedOnly

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 6:52PM
p.ball2

I will have to check that out!

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 8:36AM
westsider40

We have Elux refrig drawers. Love them. Big splurge for our kitchen. Six cu ft. Capacity. Drawers glide easily. Holds lots of soda, wine, produce, extra baking goods-flours, seeds, nuts.

I could not crawl around to access contents of a non-drawer fridge. This is easy.

It is also very quiet. It looks great.

We've had one bump in the road. Two Perrier water bottles froze and some produce(lettuce), too. I don't know what happened.It's been fine since. We'll see if it happens again.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 12:53AM
More Discussions
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™