New Printer--what kind???

marie_ndcalFebruary 5, 2013

I guess my printer is headed for the dumpster. Tried and tried to get the yellow to print etc, but no luck.
It is several years old, SO, am looking at the Epsom 600 or 800. Can get either at a good price. Have a HP all in one and I really like it, but have heard HP's are not as good as before. DH uses a Epsom with ink jars and likes it, but hard to get extra color fillers. Have to order on line
Consumer Reports good marks on the Epsom.'
Does anyone have one and can you use 67# card stock?
Thanks
Marie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SnidelyWhiplash

What kind of stuff and how many sheets per week do you normally print?

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 8:51PM
brownthumbia

I do not use my printer for anything businesslike, just for my own personal use--copying, scanning, etc. and making my own greeting cards, and it's an HP photosmart C4680. For my use it is absolutely fabulous. I would not trade it for another brand. And I do not and never have any connection with HP so whichever brand you choose is up to you. This one is just so right for my needs. Also, can find ink cartridges almost anywhere.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 3:45PM
emma

I have only had HP and have been very happy with all but one of them. It worked fine, but it had 5 or 6 ink cartridges and seemed like there was always one needing to be replaced. Two cartridges are enough to mess with. I donated that one to a charity store.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 4:41PM
mikie_gw

Might read up on laser printers.
Depends on your usage, but you might discover toner cartridges, are kind of nice and long lasting.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 5:12PM
marie_ndcal

Thanks for the ideas. Did research between an Epson Experssion X600 and HP Photosmart7520. I have had the HP all in one 3210 and really liked it. Consumer reports gave higher marks on the Epson and DH just bought on about a year ago --diff. model- and Amazon offered 50.00 off and I had a 50.00 gift cert--so went with that.
Again thanks to all
Marie

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™