Vitamix coming today!

Debbi BrankaJuly 22, 2014

I took the plunge and ordered a Vitamix (my aunt made me do it!) and it's out for delivery today. Very excited! I do not make smoothies - I bought it for grains (to make flour) and peanut butter. Besides smoothies, what do you do with yours?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williakr

Pesto! Ice! Relishes! Sorbet! Salad dressings! Marinades! The list is endless. It's a great machine, enjoy!

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 11:18AM
a2gemini

Love making soups and hummus
Home made pasta sauce
But I also make smoothies now that I gave a vitamix and never really made them before.

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 6:18AM
akl_vdb

I make smoothies and this, it's delicious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Creamy avocado pasta

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 6:24AM
philwojo99

I make the Creamy avocado pasta sauce that AKLVDB posted all the time. My wife can't have cooked tomatoes, so red sauces are out. I found that one online, at that link, last year and we both love it on spaghetti squash. We use our vitamix for it all the time, it does a wonderful job on making is soooo smooth and creamy.

The only thing I do is double that recipe so we have leftovers and can use them with the leftover spaghetti squash we have.

We also do smoothies and shakes in ours. Haven't done a soup yet, but seems like it would be so easy to do.

Enjoy yours and experiment.

Phil

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 9:34AM
Debbi Branka

Thanks everyone! Last night I ground wheat berries for my very first flour (and baked a loaf of bread). It worked SO well! I also made a yogurt and frozen strawberry frozen thing that was pretty yummy and definitely smooth. Finally I made cashew butter that was WAY smoother than the peanut butter I've made with my food processor (and the cashew tasted even better than the peanuts too. Having fun!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 11:30AM
fogbound

For the "wet" container. Peel and chunk equal weights of yellow squash and sweet potato. Chunk 1/4 - 1/2 onion. Add several cloves of garlic. Toss all in enough olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with mixed Italian seasoning, salt & papper. Roast in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool and dump vegetables into VitaMix. Add chicken or vegetable broth and puree. Food heaven!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Need help with appliance choices, layout critique
Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached. I...
jennifer2413
Latest on Bluestar 30" RCS Gas Range Over Door Temp
Hi, First, thank you to all community members who have...
htwoozik
INDUCTION wars: Electrolux freestanding or Bosch slide in?
Hi everyone! We have our induction range choice down...
Kiwigem
Bosch Dishwasher Problems...
We have a relatively new (1-2 years old) Bosch dishwasher....
ronaka
Sponsored Products
Vitamix Pro 300
$529.00 | FRONTGATE
Vitamix Pro 750
$649.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™