high BTU wok propane burner

inga239July 10, 2013

I have looked everywhere for an indoor high BTU wok burner. Presently, I have a BBQ that measures 18" which sits next to my Russell Range. The BBQ is also a made by Russell Range. I bought the six burner cook top from a distributor showroom and had to buy the BBQ as well. In hindsight, I should have tossed the BBQ as I mostly just dust it and it takes up space.

What I would like to do is switch out the interior guts of the BBQ and replace it with a wok burner. The BBQ has its own gas supply separate from the cook top. I've looked at Wok Burners but they are all 20 - 24" in width and don't fit with the look of the cook top and are more money than I want to spend even if it would fit.. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaseki

I recall that there was a thread on a similar topic a few years ago that, ultimately, "degenerated" into links to monster propane cookers for tail-gating parties. However, a Google search using this site's URL and your subject wording may wake it from the dead.

I question whether having such a unit so close to what appears to be an upper cabinet edge in your picture would meet code.

My Cooktek 3.5 kW induction wok unit would fit in that space, I think, and be equivalent to somewhere around 30k BTU/hr heat equivalence. But while it can caramelize meat and have the responsiveness of gas, it won't have the 100k BTU/hr performance of a restaurant wok burner.

kas

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 9:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inga239

kas
thanks for your reply. I am not really looking for a 100k BTU burner restaurant burner. I believe the BBQ is rated at only 15K or 20K. at most. Above the cooking paraphernalia sits a Venta Hood with two blowers seized and positioned for the cook top and BBQ. I would be happy with a 30K burner.
I've done a chicken on the rotisserie that came with the BBQ and the only problem is splattering onto the wood cabinet above. I have that problem on the other side of the cook top as well where another cabinet hangs. In a perfect world, I would totally redo the entire thing.

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
Need help picking out the right appliances
Hi Im trying to decide on a slide in electric double...
Julie Hall
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™