WWYD - Leftover tile

barbcollinsJuly 19, 2012

I had bought tile at a liquidation auction.ÃÂ I did very well with it.ÃÂ I did the kitchen counter/backsplash:

REDRUM Kitchen

and the new bathroom tub surround

Budget Bath

All the tile cost me less than $160.

I now have about 60 - 70 sq ft of the mosaics left.ÃÂ What would you do with the leftovers?ÃÂ I see my choices as:

1( Donate to Restore.

2) Store them away for a future unknown project.ÃÂ Not enough for something big.ÃÂ Probably enough for some accent strips.

3) I was thinking about using them for a patio table, but I don't know where to start.ÃÂ Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Have you looked over on the stained glass and mosaic forum? There might be inspiration there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stained glass and mosaic forum

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 10:08PM
loves2cook4six

I'd try it on Graigslist first for about $100. Someone else may be looking for the perfect accent tile and this could be it.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 10:25PM
kashmi

If you have room to store some, do that.

There's another thread here about one's decisions being influenced by childhood memories. My mother always made a big deal about how she purposely overbought floor tile and then had exact matches when some needed replacing. So when we tiled our kitchen and dining room, I lugged the left overs first to the basement, and then from the basement to a shed and finally to a second spot in the shed. Each time DH chuckled at my "Midwestern frugalness."

Years later, though, when we decided to remove a wall and push the peninsula back a bit we had the tiles to fill in the gaps. When we were choosing elements for the kitchen upgrade, we had an extra tile to carry around.

I did the same for bathroom tile. When we changed sinks, again we were able to readily replace the few tiles that were damaged in the process.

I realize that what you have are the small mosaics and not floor tile, but still, I'd at least save a few sheets just in case. For the rest, a patio table would be a nice project. You clearly have good tiling skills!

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
stevemac00
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
Master Bathroom with Laundry
Where would you start with planning the perfect master...
queenofmycastle0221
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™