Not receiving e-mails

esteban_2009February 9, 2013

Hi folks,
I have X-P SP-3, IE all working good....except from one friend. He says he sends 3-4 jokes per day, I only receive about 1 per week. He claims he get's nothing from me except about the same. I have had no other complaints from any one else. He doesn't know what OP he is running.
Any idea what could be causing this? In the distant past, we did a good job of sending and receiving to each other.
Thanks,
Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandms

Does your e-mail client have a Spam filter? If so, maybe his "jokes" are going into the Spam or Junk files.

If you're not having problems with e-mail from others, it sounds as if there might be some problem on his end if it's not your Spam filters.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 8:52PM
esteban_2009

Thanks for the response grandms. I don't think I have a spam filter, at least not that I know of.
I am not having problems receiving from others.
He says I am the only one to report a problem to him.
Crazy ain't it???
Steve

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 9:26PM
DA_Mccoy

You never reported as to what nature of e-mail you are using; ISP provided or on-line. Or, if you are using an on-board application such as Thunderbird. Regardless, I have never known any client or application not to have some sort of "filters (including spam)", "block messages" or "message rules" availability.

Ferret around your e-mail service and review for these. It is not always just the sender that may be blocked, it could be some defined content blocked.

DA

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 9:00AM
esteban_2009

DA, Thanks for your comments.
I really don't know enough about computers to give you a good answer. I have ATT/Yahoo (Is that the ISP?). I only use Outlook Express. I went to O.E./Tools/Message Rules/ none of the blocks were checked. I couldn't find anything about spam.
Steve

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 10:01AM
mikie_gw

Isp ATT/Yahoo blocks spam in their mail server and/or your online email account too. The outlook express rules is additional to what has already been filtered.

You might investigate your online email account spam folder.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 1:01PM
esteban_2009

What a wonderful, knowledgeable group this is. I am glad you all will allow a dummy like me to join.
Each and everyone of you are correct!
I've spent hours tracking down my username and password for ATT/Yahoo and finally got into the mail account that I have never used. There was the spam folder with all the missing jokes/messages. The only reason I can see them being put there is two or three FW's in the subject line.
Once again, thanks to all who responded.
Steve

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 5:17PM
Richard (chuggerguy)

While you're logged into the online version, you might look in "Options->Mail Options->POP & Forwarding" for this:

It presents you three options in a drop-down like this: Don't download spam emailDownload spam with no special indicatorsDownload spam, but prefix the word "Spam"

I'm pretty sure I've never changed mine because I've never POP'd it down into a client so I would suspect 'Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam"' was the default at the time my account was created. Maybe it wasn't when yours was created? In any event, if I were POPing it down, I'd most likely select either of the two options beginning with "Download".

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
I-Pad Backup Help or Need?
I need advise on or need for backing up my wife's I-pad. Wife...
chas045
need help finding laptop/notebook
I hope I am in the right place.. sure wish they would...
sugar_fl
Problem watching videos from Yahoo on Android tablet
Yahoo videos won't play on my Android tablet. Videos...
Lisa_in_Germany
Help with color on my images
I take pictures and on my camera they are a good color...
berk
Sponsored Products
Dottie� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Teen Area Rug
$255.95 | Bellacor
Brushed Nickel One-Light Mini Pendant
$139.90 | Bellacor
Sentry Electronic Security Safe - PL048E
$81.99 | Hayneedle
Clipp Brushed Aluminum One-Light Pendant with Red Interior
$130.00 | Bellacor
Dual Dock Samsung Galaxy & Dect Cordless Station
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
ELK Lighting 66182-3 Brooksdale Chandelier - 20W in. Copper - 66182-3
$294.00 | Hayneedle
Elk Lighting Adan Accent Table - 6043321
$290.00 | Hayneedle
Corinth� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Any Day Matinee - Theater Area R
$255.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™