Slim Christmas Tree

nlmorejonNovember 19, 2011

I posted this in the Home Decorating forum but then I thought I might get a better response for it here. Please read below.

I'll be decorating my mother's slim Christmas Tree next week. I did it last year and really didn't like how it turned out. People have always complimented me on my Christmas Tree decorating, but this slim tree has really got me stumped. Are there any secrets to doing it? If you have this type of tree could you post a picture of it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slinkey

Hi nlmorejon..welcome.
It's so nice that you do this for your mother.
I have a Martha Stewart slim tree in my Dining Room.
I don't have any 'secrets' on decorating it...but I hope
this picture will help.
Any questions I'd be happy to answer.
Good luck.

jane

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 1:30AM
nlmorejon

Thanks for the photo Slinkey. Your tree looks lovely. My parents are in their early 80's and still insist on having a huge family gathering at their house every year for Christmas. So what's a daughter to do?

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 1:42AM
phonegirl

Welcome, so glad Jane shared her beautiful slim tree for you. Ours isn't real slim but more so than our last one. I always add extra lights to help it glow. I use ornaments I've collected through the years so it shares lots of memories for all to share. I don't think it's the shape of the tree as much as knowing what look your trying to achieve if you know what I mean. Guess you could call mine a "Memory Tree".

Hope you will share when your done decorating this year. I think we are all a little to critical and should give ourselves more credit. I always seem to think everyone elses trees are prettier than ours but I still enjoy having a tree up.LOL

What I love is the fact that your parents still want a Christmas tree every year. They are so lucky to have you who will not only put it up but wants a beautiful one for them!Sweet...

Punk

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 12:02PM
jeannespines

Welcome, nlmorejon ...

I guess this would qualify as a 'slim' tree ... it's a more natural tree & most of the decor is pinecones & small lights ...but I add some white birds, red beaded garland & white metal stars & a few white metal candleholders w/dark red candles ...it will be going back on my porchafter Tksgvg... a fav tree of mine...maybe it will give you some ideas if you decide to go w/nature as your decor:

You are blessed to be sharing Christmas at your parents! and how wonderful that you take time to decorate their tree! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 6:12PM
jeannespines

Don't know if you've gone thru the holiday album created by purplemoon on our forum ...so here's the "Christmas" link...lots of trees...maybe will spark an idea! Jeanne s.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Inspiration Album

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 6:50PM
nlmorejon

Jeanne, I love the simplicity of your tree, very sweet.
Jeanne, thanks for the link, I didn't know about this album.

Nikki

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™