Thanksgiving Mantel

christmascandyNovember 15, 2010

I removed the Halloween items from my mantel but left the leaf garland.

I went to Hobby Lobby on Sat. and all of their Fall items were 66% off, so these pheasants came home with me.

I added the pheasant feathers from my white pumpkin tablescape and this is the result.

Close up:

Left side:

Right side:

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away!!

TTFN,

Candy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Candy, your fall mantel turned out wonderful. Those pheasants look great on there. You couldn't leave the pheasants there with 66% off! You do belong here.

Punk

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 11:54PM
Purplemoon

Very pretty mantel, Candy. Pheasants were a great buy!
I want to go to Hobby Lobby...waaaaaaahhhhhhh.
(Jane, bring that darn bus, I need a driver and something to hold the stuff I'd buy!)

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 12:32AM
jeannespines

Gorgeous, candy! & what a steal! I love HL & 66% off is really good! Your mantle looks wonderful...& the print you have above it is so pretty with all your Fall leaves, fruits, candles, golds & greens. Love it! Love it!

I dusted & cleaned the pheasants I made DH upteen yrs ago in ceramics ... mid 70's ...saving them for a t'cape...making me want to work on that...Oh, it's midnight...time for bed! LOL! TFS your beautiful mantle, candy! Jeanne S.
purplemoon...shopping cart! (that will hold the stuff you buy) & someone very nice will carry it out for you!

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 1:22AM
slinkey

Ahh Haaa!
I've been looking for pheasants like that...and You found them!! Lucky you. They look wonderful on your mantel, and what a great deal too.
I like how you rearranged everything from Halloween and left the leaf garland.
Looks very elegant.
Karen....double Waaa Waaaa on having no HL here either...I'm heading out with the bus... ASAP!! I want those pheasants....

jane

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 2:19AM
milosmom_gw

Very very nice!!
I love it and the pheasants are just the right touch.

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 8:18AM
nana2010_gw

Candy, Your mantle is so elegant
Everything looks so beautiful with the painting above it
The pheasants and feathers are perfect.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 9:21AM
excessfroufrou

Those are great and you did a amazing job on the mantle. We do have a HL in Little Rock, but it's an hour there and I hate driving in the city, so I only go about twice a year. I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close either. I've got to get my behind in gear. I made a rash decision a week ago to redo my entry hall before the holidays and then have spent the last week stripping wallpaper in teeny tiny strips. I've gotten it finished and painted, now just to put it back together before my out of town guest arrive. Sorry, I'm done rambling. I love your mantle.
Frou

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 10:55AM
lynnencfan

beautiful mantel - love the transformation and especially love the pheasants TFS .....

Lynne

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 12:08PM
luvstocraft

Good find on those pheasants, they look really nice and really make your fall mantel look great! Luvs

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 12:20PM
maximavswife

Such a lovely mantel display Candy! Now I can just kick myself. I went to HL at lunch today and they are at 80% off! I saw one of the pheasants, they one bending down, had it in my hand and put it back!!!! ARG!
Kath

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 5:23PM
ladypat1

Mantle looks beautiful. How you arranged everything is so well done. Those pheasants are nice, man, they must have flown the coop fast at my HL, I don't think I ever saw them. I also like how you mix grapes in with your mantle. Good eye!

Bookmark   November 17, 2010 at 6:08PM
prosperity66

The pheasants are so beautiful! I love those birds... didn't think they would be so great in a home decor, though but they actually make excellent decorations!

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:32AM
lynninnewmexico

Candy, your Autumn mantel is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the new pheasants and garland up there. TFS!!!!!
Lynn

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™