Question on Toto toilets

Fripp_07July 10, 2013

I recently had a Toto Drake II installed by my GC. After awhile, I noticed a strange odor in the WC. I lifted the lid from the tank and the inside of the lid was so wet that water dripped everywhere - - all over the toilet seat and the floor. It was as though water had been splashing up during the fill cycles. I wiped it off and put the lid back on. A week later, I checked it again and the condensate has started to reappear. Is this normal, and does the tank lid need to be removed and wiped down regularly, or is there another problem? Thx.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Is this a sewer odor? or a mold odor? Was there mold on the tank lid?

I would not think that water on the tank lid would cause odor. I would be inclined to think that you have a leak in the waste pipe. But I am no plumber :)

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 10:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fripp_07

Thanks Enduring. Its not a sewer odor. More of a musty/mildew smell. And there is no mold on the underside of the tank lid; it just gets wet. The toilet is brand new and is only used by me. There are no men in my household. Never had this issue with my previous toilet which was 16 years old. I will definitely call a plumber.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
White tubs not really white?
For our new build, I have chosen Imperial Blanco white...
mom2sulu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™