Ideal Appliance Mix?
I find myself in the questionably enviable position of being able to design my "dream kitchen." Well, not REALLY...it's a little on the small side (condo) and the budget, while generous, is certainly not unlimited. So no La Cornue stoves or Meneghini fridges. But the usual suspects: Sub-Zero, Wolf, Viking, Thermador, Miele, Gaggenau...yeah.
Here's MY list (so far). Am I off the mark on anything, or more importantly, MISSING something? (I recently read something on this site about something called a "Miele Speed Oven." Huh?)
Anyway, the list:
1. Viking Double Wall Oven (this is a carryover from my last kitchen so it's pretty much a given unless there is a compelling reason to sell it and get something else).
2. Gaggenau or Thermador 36" freedom-style induction cooktop. (Apt. has no gas. :p )
4. Sub-Zero or Thermador 48" side-by side fridge/freezer.
5. Sub-Zero or Thermador 24" wine cooler.
6. Some kinda hood (open to suggestions. My current kitchen has a Vent-A-Hood which works great but is a bear to keep clean).
7. Some kinda full-size dishwasher. Again, looking for suggestions. I hate the idea of having to carefully scrape my dishes, pots and pans or else be forced to clean out a little "food strainer," so "Eurostyle" machines are pretty much out. My current machine, a KitchenAid, is serviceable but not stellar and has been unreliable. I once had a Maytag that was like the nuclear furnace of dishwashers: everything came out spotless and it couldn't be killed, but I understand that is no longer the case.
So if YOU were doing a new kitchen from scratch, what appliances would be on YOUR list?