AVG Not Compatible with ThunderBird

DA_MccoyFebruary 28, 2012

A while back a member posted their concern regarding AVG Mail Scanner no longer being compatible with Thunderbird Mail. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was. I paid interest in the thread as I too had the same concern, and unfortunately no one was able to resolve it.

I have now found the work-around if anyone still needs it.

DA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DA_Mccoy

It appears the member requiring this information has not been present. I've got it on record if and when it comes up again, and it will from what I read.

DA

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 7:25AM
ccdry

avg info:
http://blogs.avg.com/community/avg-feedback-update-week-8/
4. Mozilla Thunderbird plugin
A few AVG users noticed the E-mail Scanner Thunderbird plugin is not compatible with the most recent Mozilla Thunderbird version. Please be informed the Thunderbird plugin development is going to be discontinued as it brings no significant benefits to Thunderbird users comparing to the Personal e-mail scanner plugin.

Please remove the Thunderbird plugin and install Personal e-mail scanner plugin for Mozilla Thunderbird (and for other e-mail client applications except MS Outlook which has its own plugin). More information on e-mail scanner plugins can be found in FAQ 4448 http://www.avg.com/faq.num-4448

Bookmark   March 10, 2012 at 4:30PM
DA_Mccoy

That material may be pertinent, but I have located and confirmed about a three click, two character entry that works out just fine. It's so easy even I can do it.

DA

Bookmark   March 11, 2012 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™