Wall mount faucet for clawfoot tub

bungaleslieJuly 16, 2012

I'm putting a clawfoot soaker tub (Victoria & Albert Cheshire) in the master bath and I would like to have the faucet mounted from the bathroom wall rather than on the deck of the tub or the wall of the tub. All the pictures of wall-mount faucets show them mounted to the wall of the tub. Does anyone know if they make clawfoot tub faucets with longer spouts that can be mounted on the bathroom wall, or what length of spout I should be looking for? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
allison0704

If you read the specs, many can also be purchased to wall mount. DD2 is currently redoing her MB and she purchased one by Strom (last one pictured with arch faucet, since hers is not claw foot and the reach was better).

Here is a link that might be useful: wall mounted tub faucets

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 9:34PM
kamkar2006

I just went through the same thing. The first tub I looked at did not have a ledge for a tub mount. I could not find a good long enough spout for the wall faucet, so I ordered a different tub with a deck mount. When I go back to the house tomorrow I will see if this strom plumbing deck mount faucet I used can be wall mounted. It is so pretty. I ordered from vintage tub. Here is a quick pic (bathroom is not yet finished and hand shower is not installed on faucet, but will give you a rough idea)

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 8:08AM
kamkar2006

I just went through the same thing. The first tub I looked at did not have a ledge for a tub mount. I could not find a good long enough spout for the wall faucet, so I ordered a different tub with a deck mount. When I go back to the house tomorrow I will see if this strom plumbing deck mount faucet I used can be wall mounted. It is so pretty. I ordered from vintage tub. Here is a quick pic (bathroom is not yet finished and hand shower is not installed on faucet, but will give you a rough idea)

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 8:18AM
More Discussions
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™