Reviews of appliances. Not seen this site before...

deedlesJuly 30, 2012

Found this by accident and thought it might be helpful for those of us looking for appliances.

Even a Summit CP171 review (expensive to run).

Here is a link that might be useful: appliance reviews

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 2:02PM
kitchenresearch2012

1. Is there a 30" Gas Range available with rear burners that can fit large pots?

2. The NXR 30" gas range has equally spaced burners but has received some reviews saying the metal is thin. Does anyone know how the NXR customer service is?

3. GE Cafe has many reviews complaining about a very loud fan noise even with traditional oven use. The loud fan noise is described to continue for a substancial amount of time after cooking and after the the oven off. After speaking with a GE representative, he advised that since the electronics are in the front, the fan needs to keep them from over heating. Does this apply to other brands with the electronics in the front?

4. Does anyone know of a 30" gas range with the electronics in the front with a quieter fan?

5. Is there a range with electronics on the top that allows room for larger pots?

When measuring from the middle of the back burner to the back of the range top horizontally, both the LG 30" gas range (model LGLRG3097[ST]) and the GE 30" gas (model CGS985SETSG) range have a distance of 4 and 5/8 inches (about 5 inches).

6. Is there a 30" gas range with electronics in the back (on top) with slightly more distance between the center of the back burner and back of range top?
If we could find a range with 5.5 inches, it could accomodate a 11 inch pot and a space of 6 inches would accomodate a 12 inch pot . One would think that most prefer to have the larger pots in the back, to make cooking easier and especially with young children in the house.

7. How does LG customer service compare to GE customer service, compared to NXR customer service? Is it possible to get parts from these three companies without a hassle?

Please advise.

Thanks for reading!!

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:22AM
covingtoncat

The CP 171 was on my short list. Now I will have to begin again. Personally, I think of the dual compressors as a plus. It didn't seem the reviewer shared that opinion. I have seen the Blomberg's in person and agree that compared to the Leibherr they do seem like the poorer country cousin, so to speak. But the Leib is not in the budget. I also prefer white over stainless.

Sigh.....

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:35PM
dodge59

There is a post or 2 about problems getting NXR parts.
But---- As I recall, that poster was able to find a part, (rather than the "Genuine NXR Part" and it worked just fine.

Just do a search, at the BOTTOM of the main appliance page
(Hint hit your browser back arrow) and search for NXR.

They are simple machines as Nunya has said, and not a lot to break, and things like ignitors, ignitor modules are easily found with out "NXR's help---that so far, I haven't found any "Glowing Reports About" (Duro Corp), I think.

Good luck on your pending decisions!

Gary

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
need help - with Miele DW and Ikea Sektion panel
Hi All, Getting a Sektion kitchen. I want a Miele...
Kathy Rohde
Sponsored Products
Levolor 2-inch Classic Value Wood Blinds
Blindsgalore
Flos | Can Can Mini Pendant Light
$195.00 | YLighting
Area Rug: Mystic Aral Charcoal 5' x 7' 9"
Home Depot
Arim LED Wall Sconce
Lightology
Bamboo Solid Brass Appliance Pull
Signature Hardware