back splash options, want opinions please

jtl2010July 8, 2014

We are DIY'ers. My husband installed a vanity over the weekend. He accidentally broke the granite backsplash and we can't find another one. So I decided to use glass tile. The sides of the walls are badly damaged so I have no choice but to cover them as well. I think that the backsplash is too low so we are going to add three more rows of glass tiles. What I am trying to decide is if I should add trim to it or leave it. I have three trim options. Fixtures are rubbed bronze. The bathroom is beachy which is why I chose the sea glass looking tile. see link for photos

Here is a link that might be useful: powder room

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

Your link for more pictures does not work for me. I do like the glass backsplash tiles you are considering. I also like the small dark square tiles you show at the bottom. They relate well to the dark speckles in your granite and would look good with rubbed bronze fixtures. If you are going to trim the glass tiles I think you should use those dark square tiles on both the top and bottom of the glass tiles instead of the lighter squares in the picture above.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 5:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

In the picture with the light colored squares at the top and the dark squares at the bottom, I'm kind of liking the lighter color. But the color would have to be perfect. Your link doesn't work. I don't see a picture in your post on my iPad, only a tiny square that I can click on to see a close up of your tile. This happens on my iPad. I don't know why.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:17PM
More Discussions
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Photos of your finished bathrooms?
Is there anywhere on this site where people on this...
bixa2805
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™