Newbie - 2nd floor addition - exterior design help needed
Hi- I'm a single teacher w/ no design sense building a second floor addition to a 760 sq ft per level and would appreciate ANY exterior design advice.
- I have red brick 1st floor w/ basement, will have siding second floor (colour?) - faces NE.
- 1st floor - kitchen is on left and recessed living room on right, Pan shows recessed second floor (left) but want even front (each window (white) is a bedroom (exterior shutters? colours?). Thinking they should match design/colour of 1st floor windows (bigger?).
- Should I counter lever second floor to extend forward 3-4 ft? Might look top heavy (porch roof might disguise that???).
- Thinking about an elevated window between upper windows (centered over front door for balance (stained glass? - front door isn't but has a bevelled glass design).
- Not sure about roof design/colour or trim colour either. Paved driveway to the left.
- Keep sliding door to kitchen there or replace w/ window to make small kitchen bigger?
I've posted plans (question marks indicate should I use them too). Thanks for any input...really thanks!