Windows 7 SP1 completed
I just finished downloading and installing SP1 for Windows 7 without incident. I had the minimum download since I have done all prior updates, but it still took an hour. I made sure everything was in good order by running a scan with Windows Security Essentials before beginning. I had done a complete backup of my C drive yesterday to an external HDD. Windows 7 always sets a restore point before doing an update. Afterwards I did a disk cleanup to clean up the service pack backup files and any other useless files I had. Now I am doing another complete backup which will include SP1. So much easier than when I did the service packs for my XP system.